Lisa's Race report

Hi Everyone,

I hope this message finds you all well and enjoying the summer.

The month of June has been a lot of training, working, and moving out of my current residence. Although I didn't attend too many events this month, I do have to report coverage from the fallout of past events such as Supersession and Holla For Ya Dollar jam. Ahhh delayed gratification... so nice when it comes around.

Sol Vista Coverage:
First off, Sol Vista bike park opened earlier this month and I've been pounding out training runs up there. And with Shawn Spomer of Littermag.com as Sol Vista's media/bike-park promotion's man, I gladly offered my riding services for the camera.
Speed and Flow Video (I'm in the last section of the video)
Pump Track_Image

Allout Productions:
So I finally made it into a video... and I'm riding my bike. The sections are brief, but it's not too often that footage of a girl riding is mixed in with the guys. The video Flotin' of Allout Productions has me in two different spots, Supersession and Hollar For Ya Dollar chapters. Both of Theo's videos this year (Stars & Bars and Floatn') are awesome!!! I hope you all have a chance to look at these. Hands down some of the best footage and editing I've seen (and I watch a ton of bike videos).

Deer Valley:
You can be fast, but that doesn't mean you're a fast racer. Yep, that's what I learned at Deer Valley. There was no room for error in either of these races - composure was key. Twice this passed weekend I stepped over that line.

DS was short and fast - absolutely no time to recover from a mistake. I beat Jackie Harmony in the first round and advanced to compete against Leanna Gerrard. Leanna and I had an amazing race and were neck and neck both runs - the crowd was roaring (I won by .0014). I was super stoked to advance to the final round against World Champion, Melissa Buhl. I got a little too eager in the second round and blew a gate. But, to make up for it I jumped the double-to-table which I didn't see any of the women do in their race runs. The Dual Slalom racing was absolutely amazing.

Ahhh the Deer Valley downhill, the race I hate to love. Not too much to stay about this race; the course was technically and mentally demanding. I pushed it a little too hard in my race run at the rock garden and took a pretty good tumble. I am definitely not stoked with 3rd, but live, learn and race smarter next time.
Cycling News Photo

Upcoming Events:
Vermont US National Championships
World Cup, Mount Saint Anne
World Cup, Bromont
Claymore Challenge: Highlands Mountain Bike Park

A huge "Thank You" to all of those who got product out before the race and the support in the pits. I greatly appreciate it!!!



-Lisa